I can't believe this will be my last wash day recap for 2014! Shout out to KLP (SavingOurStrands) and Jen (Just Grow Already) for fostering a positive community focused on healthy hair! I've learned so much reading about other wash day experiences and techniques. Many of the products I included in my regimen come from reading other people's experiences. So without further ado, here is my wash day recap:
I should start off my saying that I actually didn't want to wash my hair today. Not that I was being lazy or anything, it was because my hair still felt amazing from my last wash day. Usually by day three, my scalp to be cleansed. But that was not the case this time. Lisa's Healthy Hair Elixir-Scalp & Hair Health Collection has made me rethink washing my hair twice a week. Yes, it is that good! This is the best that my scalp has EVER felt. And that's even after doing my usual fitness regimen (Zumba, pole and hiking with the dogs) in the days after my wash day. The only reason why I'm washing my hair is so I don't miss out on the last #WashDayExperience for 2014. Lol.
 Pre-pooed with my mixture of Hair Trigger Growth Elixir and JBCO. I massaged it into my hair and scalp for about 5-10 minutes. I let it set for 30 minutes before rinsing it out.
 Sectioned my hair into four sections and Co-Washed each section using Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner.
|These are not the best clips for my hair. I need to replace these soon.|
 Applied Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner to the four sections. I let it sit for about 5 minutes.
 Detangled with a wide tooth comb. I left the conditioner in while I detangled my hair
 Rinsed out the conditioner.
 ACV + Water Rinse-I massaged the mixture for a few minutes and left it in.
 T-shirt dried my hair for about 30 minute. My hair is actually still drying as I type. After my hair is dry (not completely) I will:
I apply my leave-in conditioners: ApHogee Keratin Green Team Restructurizer, Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner, Marguerite's Magic Restorative Cream, Shea Moisture's Curling Custard and JBCO.
Pin my hair back in a frohawk for the rest of the evening. Before bed I will apply scrunchies to multi-pineapple my hair and then put on my bonnet.
* Depending on how I feel tomorrow, I will either do a three strand twist or wear my frohawk on stretched hair.
Goals for 2015
Usually I review my goals for the month and talk about my goals for the next month. But, since this is the last day of the year, I'll share my goals for the new year instead.
1. Continue building a regimen that focuses on healthy natural hair- One way I plan to do this is to continue doing research about the best practices for natural hair. Christina from The Mane Objective is launching a 9 week series- Curl Care 101: The Basics of Healthy Natural Hair, which I plan to follow. Be sure to check it out as well!
2. Build the content on the blog- and hopefully have it redesigned (according to the vision I have) by the end of 2015.
3. Attend at least 1-2 natural hair meet ups- I've enjoyed meeting other naturals (virtually) but I look forward to attending hair meet ups and demos in the new year.
4. Work towards retaining more length this year- Like everyone else, I would love to see my hair at a certain length by this time next year. However, I'm not going to stress myself out about it. I will continue to look for ways to retain length and have healthy hair.
To read more about my non-hair related resolutions for the new year, check out this post on Strong Is Our Sexy.
Wishing you all a safe New Year's Eve and a Happy New Year!!
See you in the new year!
~Adventures of a Nappy Chica
~Adventures of a Nappy Chica