Saturday, December 27, 2014

Wash Day Recap | Trying Out New Products

Hey everyone!

Yesterday's wash day was all about trying new products. I purchased Lisa's Hair Elixir Healthy Scalp & Hair Collection from Carol's Daughter a couple of weeks ago and wanted to try it out. I'll post a complete review at some point. But for now, let's take a look at my wash day.

[1] Exfoliated my scalp with Lisa's Hair Elixir Fortifying Spray. Holding the bottle about 4 inches away, I sprayed my scalp until it was wet. I did this to my whole head and then massaged my scalp. I left it in for 5 minutes and then rinsed with warm water.
[2] Hot Oil Treatment with Lisa's Hair Elixir Restoring Oil. Using the pointed tip I applied the oil to my scalp. I massaged the oil into my hair and scalp. I placed my hair under a plastic cap for 10 minutes and then rinsed. I love the pointed tip on this bottle because it only allows a little oil to come out. I tend to be a little heavy handed with products at times, so I really appreciated that the tip prevented me from applying to much.


                     
[3] Shampooed with Monoi Repairing Shampoo- It has been awhile since my last shampoo, so I opted for this gem from Carol's Daughter. This a great non-sulfate shampoo that leaves my hair feeling clean. This lathers really well so you don't need to use a lot.
[4]  Protein Treatment- I applied ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstrutor and let it sit on my hair for 2 minutes before rinsing it out. 
[3] Deep conditioned- I deep conditioned with Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque earlier in the week but forgot to do a protein treatment. This time around I used Monoi Repairing Conditioer. I got a free packet of this conditioner when I purchased my Black Friday items from Carol's Daughter. 
[4]  ACV + Water Rinse- Since I exfoliated my scalp and shampooed, I felt it wasn't necessary this time.
[7] T-shirt dried my hair for about 40 minutes
[8] I applied ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer. I let it set and dry in my hair for about 20 minutes.
[9]  Detangled- I was a little lazy and opted out of detangling. 
[10] Parted my air in sections and applied Marguerite's Magic Restorative Cream  and Alikay's Naturals Moisture Rich Hair Parfait.
[11] I styled my hair in chunky twists. My inspiration for this came from a tutorial on Natural Sistas's YouTube channel. Overall it took me about an hour to twist my hair. Once I was done, I put my bonnet on and went to bed





I know it's only my first time using Lisa's Hair Elixir Healthy Scalp and Hair Collection but so far I love it! I suffer from a dry and itchy scalp so I'm always looking for ways to combat it. This collection left my scalp feel amazing and it still feels great today!

*Disclosure = My chunky twists were not on point but I'm rocking them anyway. Twisting my hair last night, it was obvious that my hair is uneven. So there are some twists that stick out a little. I used bobby pins to pin some of the twists down before running errands today. Next time around, I'll bobby pin the unruly twists at night to help lay them down.

I plan on wearing the twists again tomorrow and then wearing a twist out for a day or two.

I swear it looks better in person. Lol. 
                                 
Back of my hair-Not the best pic


How was your wash day? Join the #WashDayExperience linkup to share your experience.


The Wash Day Experience

Until next time!

~Adventures of a Nappy Chica

No comments:

Post a Comment