Sunday, December 28, 2014

Whale Watching, Big Sur and another trip to San Fran

The last week of 2014 is officially here! The last few weeks have been filled with new adventures that I want to share with you. I hope you enjoy :)!

Whale Watching

As I mentioned in my last adventure post, my father-in-law came to visit us for a week. One of the last adventures we took with him was a whale watching tour. Since this was my first time on a boat, my father-in-law opted for a private rubber raft. Before our tour, I took a Dramamine (the less drowsy formula) about 2 hours or so before and I also picked up some anti-nausea ginger gum. I figured it was better to be safe than sorry and sick on the boat.



The tour was great! Unfortunately, we didn't see any whales at least not up close. We did see some otters, sea lions and some amazing swells (waves).















* Side note: After the tour the Dramamine really kicked in and I was out of commission the rest of the day. I slept a total of 10 hours and I was still groggy in the morning. I can't imagine what the regular formula is like.

Big Sur

Big Sur has been on my to-do list since we moved out here. But because of the rain we got recently, many of the parks were closed. Instead of letting the trip go to waste, we explored the area around Big Sur. Hopefully, the hubby and I will get a chance to go back in the future. 











San Francisco

To celebrate the end of the hubby's first semester of grad school and to get some much needed alone time, we headed up to San Francisco the weekend before Christmas. We did a lot of the touristy things during our first visit to the city two years ago, so this time was all about relaxing. If you're looking for a great hotel, I highly recommend Hotel Kabuki in Japantown. I loved the decor and the on site restaurant is excellent.

If you go to San Francisco, stop by the Chancellor Hotel for breakfast. Try the sourdough pancakes and the chilaquiles. Chilaquiles is basically a breakfast nacho and it is awesome! Check out some other pictures from our weekend trip below.


My dinner choice at O Izakaya Lounge (in Hotel Kabuki)


The hubby's dinner choice = Ramen




Next door to our hotel


Chilaquiles



Enjoying a flight at 21st Amendment Brewery


Hanging out in Union Square



Until next time!

~Adventures of a Nappy Chica

No comments:

Post a Comment