Thursday, November 6, 2014

Product Review: Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner


Price: $11.00 for (8 fl oz) 

Where I bought it: carolsdaughter.com

Why I bought: If you remember my earlier posts, I wanted to find a good leave-in conditioner. I use Shea Moisture's Raw Shea Butter but I wanted to add another one to the mix. Plus, Carol's Daughter claims that "Black Vanilla Moisturizing Leave-In Conditioner restores natural moisture and adds strength to your hair. The blend of What Protein and Pro-vitamin B5 fortifies your hair so it's healthier and won't break when detangling. Made with natural moisturizers instead of silicones so you can use it every day without weighing-down your air". I need to try it out for myself.

Ingredients:

Water
Butyrospermum (Shea fruit/Shea Butter),
Polysorbate 80 (agent that binds oil & water together)
Glycerin
Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera)
Leaf Juice, Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5)
Sodium Hyaluronate (sodium salt that moisturizes the hair)
Sodium PCA (natural ingredient derived from plants, fruit and coconut oil). Helps reduce loss of moisture
Butylene Glycol,
Lavandula Angust (Lavender) Flower/Leaf Stem
 Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract
Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract
Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract
 Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
 Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch
Hydrolyzed Corn Starch
Potassium Sorbate, Ciric Acid
Caramel
Fragrance (Parfum)

Directions/Suggested Use: Hold 6 to 8 inches away from your hair and spray all over. Use on wet or dry hair to help detangle. Use on dry hair to refresh your style. Do not rinse out.

How I used it:   I used it has a leave-in conditioner and as the liquid in my nightly LOC routine.

What I love about it:  I could go on and on about this. It made detangling easy and left my hair incredibly soft. It also kept my hair moisturized throughout the day. And like all of the other products from Carol's Daughter, it smells great!

What I don't like:  That it doesn't come in a bigger bottle. I can be a little heavy handed when it comes to products in spray bottles, so I would love a bigger size. I actually had to buy another bottle during my first month using it.

Final thoughts:  After a month of using it, the Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner is one of my go-to products.  It's a great leave-in conditioner at an affordable price. If you become a member of Carol's Daughter--buy it when it's on sale for $5--shipping is free :).

Until next time :)!

~Adventures of a Nappy Chica

No comments:

Post a Comment