Monday, December 15, 2014

Look ma, I'm flying!

I'm not usually a daredevil, at least I wouldn't describe myself that way. But, when my father-in-law said he wanted to cross something off his bucket list during his visit, I was game.

When we arrived at Bay Area Glider Rides, the fog threatened to ruin our plans. But, after about an hour or so the fog cleared and we were ready to start our adventure. My father-in-law's decided on the Mile High Mountain ride, which gave great views of the Diablo Mountain Range. We snagged a few photos of him before his ride and got a short video of him in the glider before he landed.


My father-in-law before his glider ride

All strapped in


Bringing the glider to its takeoff location

Getting ready to take off





         

Then it was our turn in the glider. The hubby and I decided on the Monterey Bay Adventure, which highlighted some of the farmland and other attractions along the Central Coast. The hubby was able to capture a bit of our ride on video. Here are some pictures and video of our ride.

The hubby and I before our ride






                         


                            



One of the many beautiful views we saw during our ride
                      


It was such a fun experience. I would definitely recommend this to anyone interested in a cool adventure. This might just be my preferred method of traveling. 

Have you tried a new activity or adventure? If so, what did you do?



Until next time!

~Adventures of a Nappy Chica

2 comments:

  1. Whoa!!! This is amazing! Now that is what I call a daredevil! The most adventurous aerial sport Matt and I have done is parasailing at the beach lol

    Bree
    www.quirkybrownlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bree :)! It was a lot of fun. I think parasailing is pretty adventurous too and something I want to try in the future.

      ~Jackie

      Delete