I have a lot to post about today. It has been a hectic week and I didn't have a chance to post until now.
Big Chop & Big Chop Celebration
In case you didn't know, I big chopped on Saturday!! It was such a great experience. Everyone kept telling me that I would feel liberated and they were right. Driving over I felt a little nervous mostly about what I would look like after. I said goodbye to the length of my hair at the start of this journey, so I was more curious about my natural hair. My hubby came along for moral support and to record the big chop. Now without further ado, here is the video of my big chop.
After it was done, we went out to lunch and later that evening I had a Big Chop Celebration. A group of our friends met for dinner and drinks at Lucy Blue in OTR. It felt great having everyone share this important milestone with me.
First Days As A Natural
I am loving the new me! The first two days, I rocked my picked afro to run errands and to go to work. Sunday night, I decided to be brave and play with my hair a bit. I have just enough hair to do two strand twists. Every night I twist my hair and undo the twists in the morning. I also added a flower to jazz up the style. I will probably experiment a lot during this twa stage to see what works and what doesn't work.
All of my family, friends and co-workers have been so supportive with their words of encouragements, texts and Facebook messages. I truly appreciate all the love!
|Day 5 (after working out)|
Review of April Goals
* Drink at least 5 glasses of water a day--- Still working on this!
Buy more earrings (at least 3 or 4 pairs)
Make or buy hair accessories This is about 60%. I bought a couple of flowers but I need to buy or make more.
Make an appointment for the BC
Schedule a BC celebration with friends & family
* Do scalp massages at least twice a week --- I did great at the beginning but fell off the last full week of April
Compile list of TWA hairstyles / ideas on Pinterest I'm sure I will continue to add more.
* Read The Science of Black Hair --- I didn't have a chance to reread this
4 out of 8, not bad. It was a busy month but I feel like I accomplished a lot.
My goals for May
* Buy/make hair accessories
* Drink at least 5 glasses of water a day
* Read/look over The Science of Black Hair & Thank God I'm Natural: The Ultimate Guide to Caring for and Maintaining Natural Hair
* Do scalp massages at least once a day
* Pick a regimen/routine & try it out for the entire month
* Do more additions/renovations to the blog
Here's to a productive May.
Until next time :)!