Sunday, June 29, 2014

2 Months Natural!

I just realized that today is the 29th, which means I forgot to post about my 2 month anniversary! This month has been a blur but at least I'm only three days late.

Celebrating our 3 year wedding anniversary 
Current Length: Somewhere between 2 1/2-3 inches. I'm not really sure though. (There is a length check for the Summer Castor Oil Challenge next week, so I will be sure to get an accurate measurement).














My Go-to Styles this month

At the beginning of the month,  I wore my finger coils and finger coil twists out a lot. But then I started wearing wash and gos more often. Sometimes I added a headband or a flower but more often than not, I just wore my curly afro. This month I started really loving how my hair looked. I loved it last month too but this month felt different. Instead of being preoccupied with constantly doing something with my hair, I found myself just letting my hair be. I've also added a new favorite accessory, bows from Vine80.



         

One of the bows I bought from Vine80
Were there moments that I wished my hair was longer? Of course! I usually felt like that after watching videos or seeing pictures of other naturals with longer hair. But, I know that length will come with time so for now, I'm embracing the ease of short hair :).

I started focusing on my hair regimen and ways to improve or change it. My hair was shedding more than usual so I went back to doing tea rinses. Something I did a lot before transitioning and I my hair really benefited from it. In month three, I want to try a new cowash cleansing conditioner and try a new deep conditioner as well.

I also found out that two of my favorite relaxed vloggers/bloggers (Jen and Sdestra) decided to go natural! It's great to see more and more women embracing their natural hair. Natural hair is also becoming more of a presence on television and in the media too. Check out this story about Tamron Hall.


So it was another great month for me. I'm still loving my decision and I'm excited to learn more about my hair :).





No comments:

Post a Comment