Sunday, June 22, 2014

Back to Basics: Incorporating Tea Rinses on Wash Days + Castor Oil Challenge: Week 3 Update

Lately, my hair has been shedding A LOT. Now, it is true that every day the average person sheds between 100-200 hairs a day. But, it seems that my hair is shedding more than usual. So I decided to go back to something I did before going natural. You all know (from previous posts) that I follow Jen on Just Grow Already. Anyway, she posted about the benefits of tea rinses-- how they can help stimulate growth and stop shedding. I started doing tea rinses once a week and immediately noticed a difference. Well, after I began transitioning I stopped doing tea rinses altogether.

Today, I did my first tea rinse as a natural. Unfortunately, I didn't have any black tea for my tea rinse so I had to make due with what I had. After the tea rinse, I noticed a difference right away! Check out Jen's post on how to do a tea rinse. So helpful!

                                         Here is what I included in today's rinse:

                                              1) 2 bags of Green tea
                                              2) 2 bags of Burdock Tea
                                              3) 2 bags of Peppermint Tea

I plan to do a tea rinse every wash day to help curb shedding, stimulate growth and strengthen my hair.


Castor Oil Challenge: Week 3 Update

This week I used my JBCO the same way as weeks 1 & 2 (pre poo and around my edges & nape). The funny thing that happened this week: I noticed the sides of my hair are having a bit of a growth spurt. In fact I have to tuck the hair behind my ears or headband or else they stick out. Lol. Any growth is a plus, so I'll take it.

Oh, I almost forgot. I started a Facebook page for my blog. Look up Adventures of a Nappy Chica and like the page!

Until next time :)!




No comments:

Post a Comment