Friday, June 27, 2014

Castor Oil Challenge: Week 4 Update + Vine80

It's already been 4 weeks since I started the summer castor oil challenge! This week, I lost a little momentum. During weeks 1-3, I used castor oil in the morning to seal in the moisture and along my edges. This worked fine until this week. As my fellow Ohioans know, summers here can be like living in an inferno. I started having castor oil dripping down my face during my workout sessions or just hanging outside. I'm going to try applying the castor oil before going to bed to relieve some of the "castor oil sweat". Lol. Other than that, everything else seems to be going well. So far I've noticed the following benefits from this challenge:


  • I've noticed a few more baby hairs sprouting around my edges, specifically in my bald spot.
  • My is already thick but it seems thicker and fuller
  • The castor oil has helped with dry hair (typical in the TWA stage)

Next week, there is a link check along with the update. As always I will post my results here as well.


Vine80

Recently, I've been searching for more hair accessories to add some flair to my TWA. I'm getting bored of the simple headbands and want something funky/unique. I can't remember how I found out about Vine80 but  I knew I had to check them out. They're a local business that specializes in "funky, fresh and fashionable hair accessories". Their products are sold mostly online but I wanted to see the hair accessories in person before buying. So imagine my surprise when they announced a pop-up shop at Miss Monroe Boutique tonight during Final Friday in Over-the-Rhine :)!
    
My first bow purchase



Second Bow

Although the bows looked amazing, I was concerned that I couldn't rock the bows/headbands with my short hair. But, one of the owner showed me how the special wire in the fabric allows you to get 9 hairstyles out of one bow!  I bought two and can't wait to try it them out. I'm hoping to wear one this weekend.





Interested in learning more about Vine80? Visit http://www.vine80.com/ and follow them on Twitter or Instagram.


That's it for now.

~Until next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment