Friday, March 28, 2014

The search for cheap but pretty earrings

I finally had a chance to shop for earrings with a friend. Since I'll be rocking a small fro in the near future, I thought it was time to stock up on cute accessories. Today's mission was focused solely on earrings. One of the great things about short hair is the ability to have fun with things such as earrings. Instead of playing it safe, I looked for big dangling earrings with bright colors.

 We decided to head to Northgate mall to find pretty earrings for a reasonable price. Our first stop was Glitter. I bought 4 pair of earrings for $4! That's right, earrings are only $1 each! They had a decent selection and I definitely see myself making another trip in the near future.
                              
Earrings from Glitter 
                          

The next stop was Claire's. I used to go there a lot but stopped a couple of years ago. I was always disappointed with their "sensitive ears" selection. It seemed like all the pretty earrings were the non-sensitive ones. But today, I was pleasantly surprised. There were so many cute and fun earrings to choose from. The earrings were a little more expensive than Glitter but I couldn't help myself  :)!
                                               


All in all, I think I did pretty good today. I'm sure I'll pick up more earrings here and there. Sometimes it's hard to find pretty but cheap nickel free earrings. Depending on the store, the selection can be a hit or miss.  

                        Where do you buy earrings? Are there any stores I should check out? 

 Until next time :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment