Friday, March 7, 2014

My New Favorite Hair Product: As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner

 I tried co-washing (washing hair with conditioner instead of shampoo) for the first time last year but my hair didn't seem to like it. I'm not sure if being fully relaxed had something to do with it. In December, I decided to give co-washing another go to help remove product buildup and to retain more moisture. I started off using coconut oil mixed with VO 5 Moisturizing Milk Conditioner Strawberries and Cream. It seemed to help but I'm always looking for new products to try ;). I stumbled on this post in January and was eager to try As I am Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner.

Why I like it: Besides being affordable (this 16 oz jar is only $6.79 at Walgreens) it leaves my hair smooth and clean. Detangling is easy and there is no excess shedding after I'm done. Knots have been a real issue for me the last couple of weeks and I see a difference when I use this co-wash. Oh and the smell doesn't hurt either. I like to pretend I'm somewhere near a beach when I'm using it. Lol. Another benefit is that it promotes hair growth. Although it has only been a month but I already see more new growth coming in. I only wish I had taken before pictures to have an accurate comparison. My coils really seem to pop after using it. I've added this to my staple product list and I hope my hair continues to respond to it after the BC.

Pic of my new growth- If you look closely, you can see the curl/coil 

My new growth stretched. You can sort of see where the coil/curl and relaxed (straight) hair meet.

In other news Carol's Daughter announced they will be launching their product in Target as part of their new partnership! Go here for more information and to see the announcement. I used one or two products from Carol's Daughter before transitioning. I liked the products but didn't like that I could only purchase things on-line. I'm eager to try more products from the line now that it will be in Target.

Well, that's it for now!

Please feel free to share your favorite co-wash products or other hair related comments on the comment section below.

Until next time :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment