Tuesday, April 21, 2015

What Does It Actually Mean to Be Sexy?

It’s funny how one word can invoke different meanings for different people. If you asked me to describe myself I would say, funny, cute, loyal, or even free-spirited but the word “sexy” would never cross my mind. Sure, I see myself as a lot of things, but I've never seen myself in that light.
In recent years my views about my body have greatly improved. I can honestly say that I love who I am. However, this word still makes me feel uncomfortable and uneasy. After my husband made a remark about how sexy I looked, instead of relishing in the comment, I felt embarrassed and a little self-conscious.

But why did I feel this way? Was it the word. or my own perception of the word that I had a problem with?



If you want to find out what being sexy means to me, visit Strong Is Our Sexy. While you're there be sure to check out the other great content for #BodyImageMonth . 

No comments:

Post a Comment