Sunday, April 5, 2015

Final Countdown in Monterey Part 1: Point Lobos

I can't believe in 5 weeks and 5 days our time in Monterey will be over! It's so close I can taste it! The past 7 months have been difficult  interesting to say the least. While I'm thankful for the friendships and experiences (well some of them) during our time here, it is time for this city girl to move on to bigger pastures. So, to honor celebrate the final weeks, I'll post some of my adventures in Monterey. First up is our recent trip to Point Lobos.


As much as I dislike the lack of diversity in this city town, I have to admit there is plenty of beautiful scenery in Monterey. Being so close to the water and experiencing the breathtaking landscape as been the best part of this whole experience. With our time winding down, the hubby and I are trying to hit all the great spots before we leave. After hearing both the locals and our friends talk about the Point Lobos, I decided to check it out for myself.


Point Lobos is known as the "crowning jewel" of the California State Park system.  Located south of Carmel-by-the-Sea, this area refers to the Point Lobos State Natural Reserve, Point Lobos State Marine Reserve and Point Lobos State Marine Conservation Area. In addition to the amazing views, there are numerous hiking trails and a whaling museum to explore. Here are some of the pictures from our little adventure.



























The hubby before he cut of his winter beard








If you're ever in Monterey, be sure to visit Point Lobos and expereince the beauty for yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment