Monday, March 2, 2015

Wash Day Recap: First Wash Day in March + Another Updo

Happy Monday!!!

March is officially here, which means spring and my one year natural anniversary are just around the corner.

I enjoyed last month's updo challenge so much, that I've decided to continue doing updos/low manipulation styles until my natural anniversary. I will probably revisit a lot of the styles from last month and of course, I will try out some new ones as well. If you have any styles you think might work for my length, feel free to share!

Another one of my goals for this month is to minimize the amount of single strand knots. Up until recently, this wasn't an issue for me. But as you may have noticed, they have become a real nuisance and something that I've been trying to figure out. I'm going to experiment with a few things in my regimen to see if I can figure out the cause and find a solution.

Now on to yesterday's wash day:

[1] Pre-pooed with Hair Trigger Grow Elixir and Soultanical's Knot Sauce .  I haven't used Hair Trigger  in a couple of months and I missed it. I didn't experience any knots when this was a staple in my regimen and I'm hoping that incorporating it again will help in some way.
[2] Co-washed with Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner. I noticed that most of my knots seem to appear after I wash my hair. Hopefully washing my hair in sections will eliminate the tangles and knots.




I picked up these butterfly clips from Sally's over the weekend. I got a pack of 12 for $2.19, which is a great deal in my book. The plan is to use these clips to wash my hair in sections. 

[3] Deep Conditioned with Perfect Moisture Deep Conditioner by Tangles and Beyond for 45 mintutes
[4] Detangled with my shower comb (a wide tooth comb). For the past several months I've only used my fingers to detangle. While I don't want to use a comb, I think detangling once a week with a wide tooth might make a difference with my hair.
[5] T-shirt dried my hair for about 20 minutes. I didn't want to twist my hair at this point, so I left my hair dry in sections using the butterfly clips. 
[6] Leave-ins: Jia's Carribean Dream Cream (another sample from Tangles and Beyond) 
[7] Prepare hair for bed: Applied Perfect Moisture Shea Butter Blend, Argon Oil and Marguerite's Magic Restorative Cream and put on my bonnet.

It's only been one wash day but I'm happy to report that I didn't have any major knots. I did have a couple but nothing that required shears. 


This morning I opted for a French Twist updo with a small pompadour in the front. I wanted to try a new style but I didn't research any styles and I didn't have any ideas. Plus, I really liked this look and didn't mind wearing it again. 















How was your wash day? Join the #WashDayExperience and share you wash day.







The Wash Day Experience


Until next time!

~Adventures of a Nappy Chica

No comments:

Post a Comment