Thursday, February 26, 2015

Natural Hair Journey: 10 Months Natural

It's been 10 months since I went natural. I can't believe in two months it will be one year since my big chop!

Overall this month has been pretty easy. I decided to join the February Mini Challenge and have been wearing updos all this month. This allowed me to experiment with styles and give me a break from constantly manipulating my hair. 

Current Length: I'm not sure. Since I've been wearing my hair up this month, I didn't really focus on the length. My current plan is to do a length check in April.




My Go-to Styles this month: Updos 

 All of the updos that I tried this month were from YouTube. I always watched tutorials but thought I couldn't achieve a certain style due to my length. But, I learned that I change or adjust the hairstyles based on my length. 


         


                               



                  


Hair Regimen: This month I reduced the number of times I washed my hair each week. Instead of two wash days a week, I went down to one. At first I was nervous that my scalp would be greasy or dry but so far it's been okay. I also bought several new products that I am currently testing out. 

Plans for next month:  To combat my issues with single strand knots, I'm going to wash my hair in sections from now on. I will also need to look at my regimen to see what else might be the cause of the knots. And because I love trying out new styles, I plan to do that more as well.


Until next time!

~Adventures of a Nappy Chica

2 comments:

  1. Washing in sections is a must for me now that my hair is longer. Keep us updated on how sectioning works for you. Congrats on 10 months! 2 more months to go. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristal!

    So far it seems to be helping a little. I never noticed how tangled my hair gets during the wash day process. I definitely think it's because my hair is longer. I will keep you posted.

    Thank you! I'm so excited :).

    ReplyDelete