Sunday, March 22, 2015

Battle of the Single Strand Knots Part 1: Reevaluating My Regimen

As some of you may recall, single strand knots became an issue on my wash days. After enduring several wash days filled with knots, I started doing some research to find the culprit and ways to prevent knots in the future.




One of the first things I did was reevaluate my regimen. My issues with single strand knots are new, so I realized there was something different in my routine. It took a little bit of reflection on my part but I think my knots began after I changed my pre-poo routine. Instead of my usual pre-poo product, I incorporated two new products from Carol's Daughter. Now, don't get me wrong, those products are great! But, my original pre-poo product and procedure allowed me time to pre-detangle and get rid of stray hairs. So, for now I'm rotating the Carol's Daughter products out of my regimen and going back to a technique that worked for me. I just received my latest order from Hair Trigger, so you can expect to see that on my wash days once again.

For right now I think the other product changes in my regimen have been beneficial to the health and growth of my hair.


Have you experienced single strand knots? What changes did you make to your regimen?





No comments:

Post a Comment