Monday, March 9, 2015

Wash Day Experience: Revisiting The Basics + 3 Strand Twist

Happy Monday!

As I approach my 1 year natural anniversary, I'm really focusing on my regimen and making improvements along the way. One of the issues that I've been dealing with is single strand knots. This recent problem has plagued my wash days as of late. So, this month I'll be focusing on ways to help reduce this problem. I'll be doing some research and trying out different methods/suggestions to see what works. Be sure to stay tuned for that. But for now, on to the recap of yesterday's wash day:

                                           
Part of my arsenal for this past wash day


[1] Pre-pooed with Virgin Coconut Oil and JBCO  for an hour, paying attention to my ends. I used this time to try to get rid of shed hairs and did some light finger detangling in the process.  I wanted to use Extra Virgin Coconut Oil but Trader Joe's was out of it due to a strike. So I headed to Safeway and picked up the virgin coconut oil instead. Hopefully the strike ends soon and I can get back to my EVCO.
                                                         


[2] Co-washed with Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner in sections. This seems to help keep my hair from tangling around each other. It also gives me a chance to focus on one section at a time.

[3]  Protein Treatment : ApHogee Intensive Two Minute Keratin Reconstructor . I left it on for two minutes and then rinsed it out. 

[4] Deep Conditioned with Perfect Moisture Deep Conditioner by Tangles and Beyond for 30 minutes.

[5] Detangled with my hair in sections with my Denman Brush (with the deep conditioner still in my hair). For now, I think the Denman brush gives me the best results and I will probably use it from now on. 

[6] Tea Rinsed with my black and green tea mixture. For this week's rinse, I used 3 black tea bags and one green tea bag. I like to massage the rinse into my hair for a few minutes leaving it in.

[7] ACV rinse = I really focus on my scalp making sure that I don't have any buildup and I like to leave it in as well. 

[8] T-shirt dried my hair for about 30 minutes

[9] Applied my leave-insJia's Carribean Dream Cream , Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In Conditioner, JBCO, Tangles and Beyond Deep Moisture Shea Butter.

[10]  Put my hair in sections and did 3 strand twists. Whenever I twist my hair my goal is to not have too many twist but that never happens. I think it took me about 2 hours or so to do my whole hair.

At the end of wash day my hair and scalp felt fantastic after, not to mention there were only a few single knot strands! Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I will be rocking low manipulation styles until my 1 year anniversary. Instead of doing an updo, I went for something sort of in between. Because stretching natural hair helps prevents knots, I opted for a style that would achieve that goal, 3 strand twists. 












Honestly, I think this is my best 3 strand twist ever. I don't know if I'm imagining it but I swear I can see the difference in length since the last time I wore it this way. For now, the plan is to wear it like this the rest of the week. I'm going to use the Bee Mine Sensitive Oil Free Serum for my scalp and the moisture my ends using the LCO method.


                           
 How was your wash day? Be sure to join the linkup and share your #WashdayExperience




The Wash Day Experience



Until next time!


~Adventures of a Nappy Chica

No comments:

Post a Comment