Saturday, October 31, 2015

Wash Day Recap | Goddess Braids

Happy Halloween everyone!

After watching last week's episode of Blackish, I wanted to rock a goddess braid similar to the one Tracee Ellis Ross wears in the episode.


Photo courtesy of Longing4Length.com

Unfortunately, I don't have the patience or skills to attempt this particular style on my own, so last Saturday I paid a visit to Che're at Six Nine Hair Design. It felt great to have someone else wash, detangle and style my hair. I've decided to treat myself every couple of months to this luxury. Anyway, here is my Tracee Ellis inspired hairstyle.





I loved this hairstyle and wore it the whole week! I applied Mielle Organics Mint Almond Oil to my scalp and strands every night. But since tomorrow is my wash day and today is Halloween, I will be undoing the braids before going to a party tonight.


Sneak peek of our Halloween costumes ;)

How was your #washdayexperience? Did you do any special hairstyles for Halloween?


The Wash Day Experience

2 comments:

  1. I love love love Goddess braids! Were you able to get a nice fluffy braid out after you took it down?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!! I plan on wearing them more in the future. I did have a nice fluffy braid out but my Halloween costume required me to wear a hat all night. Next time I plan on rocking the braid out.

    ReplyDelete