Saturday, October 10, 2015

Wash Day Recap | Wash Day Practices

Happy Saturday!!

Even after my recent trim, I am still experiencing little knots at my ends. I haven't been wearing my hair out recently, so it has to be something in my regimen instead. This month I will be looking at my regimen and other practices to see if I can find a solution.

During yesterday's wash day, I focused on making sure my pre-poo and co-washing techniques were on point. Here's a recap of what I did:

Pre-Poo: I parted my hair into four sections. I then applied EVCO (extra virgin coconut oil) and EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) making sure to saturate my ends as well as the rest of my hair.  Recently, I shortened this step to about 30 minutes. But after watching Nappy Fu's video, I decided to go back to pre-pooing for an hour. Check out Nappy Fu's video for tips on how to pre-poo correctly. 

       

Co-Washed with Shea Moisture's Cleansing Cowash Conditioner in four sections. I did this after I washed out my pre-poo. I started with my ends first and worked my way up. I also made sure to massage the conditioner into my scalp. But my main focus was on my ends, since they are always the driest part of my hair. 

         

Deep Conditioned with  Shea Moisture's Jamaican Black Castor Oil Stregthen, Grow and Restore Treatment Masque.  Instead of doing a 30-40 deep conditioning session, I followed the directions on the jar and left it on my hair for 10 minutes. I added heat using my Hot Head Deep Conditioning Heat cap.

Detangled with my hair. Initially I started the process using my new Eternally In Amber detangling comb (which I purchased from Urban Outfitters) and then decided to use my fingers instead.

T-shirt dried my hair for about 10-15 minutes. This allowed the excess water to be absorbed by the t-shirt.


Once my hair was damp and not soaking wet, I put my hair in twists to let my hair finishing drying. My plan was to style my hair but after 60+ hours of work and an early call time the next day, I just left the twists in the whole week. They weren't the best looking twists but they did the job. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to take a pic.

How was your #WashDayExperience? Join the link-up and share your experience.




The Wash Day Experience

2 comments:

  1. It's surprising that you're still getting knots. What a bummer. Hopefully your pre-poo and finger detangling will get the job done.

    Thanks for sharing!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there not as bad as they used to be but I still have them. I'm hoping that those two things will help too! I'm also going to try to moisturize my hair every other day. Hopefully that will make a difference as well.

      Delete