Monday, October 19, 2015

Adding Oils To My Regimen

Happy Monday loves!

As I continue my natural hair journey, I am always looking for more ways to keep my hair healthy. I would love my hair to grow but hair health is more important to me. One of the things that I am still trying to get a handle on is finding the right balance of moisture for my hair. I hope finding this balance will also help with the pesky knots I'm still experiencing.

Last year I saw HealthyHairJourney72 's video on making her Aloe Vera Spritz for her hair. I remember thinking that I would try the spritz at some point in my journey. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago when I made my own version of the spritz.


           



Now, I modified this a little because I didn't buy all of the oils that she uses in her video. I wanted to see if this spritz worked for me so I started out with just three oils: Sweet Almond, Grapeseed and Jojoba Oil.




It's only been a few weeks since I started using this spritz but my hair feels more moisturized. So far I like using it on my ends (usually one of the last steps on wash day) and also when I re-moisturize my hair/scalp midweek.

Another way that I've incorporated oils into my regimen is by adding them to my scalp. After applying all of my leave-ins on wash day, I massage Sweet Almond Oil into my scalp. I also use the oils for my pre-poo. Lastly, I add Jojoba oil to my deep conditioner, which helps make my hair softer and gives it more shine.

Want to add oils to your regimen but don't know where to start? Check out this post from Kinky Curly Coily Me to read about three oils that can be incorporated into your regimen.



What oils do you use in your regimen? Feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment