Friday, October 23, 2015

Wash Day Recap | High Puff

Hey loves!

I'm so excited with my recent wash day and a new style that I got to try out. Here is a recap of Sunday's wash day:

Pre-Poo/ Hot Oil Treatment:  I mixed EVCO, EVOO, Grape Seed and Jojoba Oil together and put it in the microwave for a minute. After it cooled down,  I applied it to my hair and scalp leaving it on for an hour. 

Co-Washed with Shea Moisture's Cleansing Co-wash Conditioner 

Deep Conditioned with Shea Moisture's Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow and Restore Treatment Masque and Tangles & Beyond's Deep Moisture Conditioner adding Jojoba Oil to my ends. To get the full benefits of this trio, I used my Hot Heads cap for 15 minutes.

Detangled with the mixture still in my hair. I used my Eternally In Amber wide tooth comb to detangle. The detangling process was quick and easy because my hair was soft and most of the tangles were already gone.  

T-shirt dried my hair for 15-20 minutes. I like my hair to be damp but not soaking wet when I apply my leave-in conditioner and oils. 

Leave-ins + Oils  I got out my trusted Jia's Caribbean DreamCreme by Tangles & Beyond and applied a generous amount to the hair shaft and ends. This is probably my favorite part of wash day because I love the way this stuff smells. Lol. I then sprayed the ends of my hair with my oil mix and massaged my scalp with Sweet Almond & Jojoba Oil for a couple of minutes. 

While pulling my wash day arsenal, I stumbled across The Antidote (which I forgot I had. Lol). After reading about how people use this as a styling cream instead of a deep conditioner, I decided to use it to twist my hair.  I let my hair dry overnight in the twists and then took them out in the morning.

Styled my hair - I've been wanting to try a high puff style for awhile. I did one this summer but the pressure from the elastic band gave me a migraine. Then I stumbled on one of BlakIzbeautyful's old tutorials and knew I hit the jackpot.




This tutorial was so quick and easy. I think it took me less than 5 minutes to do this style before work on Monday. I loved the results and rocked this puff the whole week. I will definitely do this style again in the future.


Rocking the puff on Monday







A little selfie action at work on Wednesday






How was your wash day? Did you try a new hairstyle or technique? Be sure to join the link-up and share your #WashDayExperience




The Wash Day Experience

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled on your blog,yay for smooth washdays, nice.How did she recommend you do the puff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Instead of using an elastic hair tie/ scrunchie, she suggested using stockings (cut of the part right before the thigh and use that portion). Let me know if you have any other questions :)!

      Delete