Thursday, January 15, 2015

Wash Day Experience

Hey everyone!

It's that time of the week again when I recap one of my wash days from the week. This week was special because it was also my birthday week. Although I planned on doing something special with my hair, I'm on a lazy streak and stuck with a twist out. I need to get out of this rut that I'm in. Anyway, let's review yesterday's wash day:

[1] Exfoliated my scalp with Lisa's Hair Elixir Fortifying Spray. I sprayed my scalp until wet. After doing this to my whole head, I massaged it into my scalp and left it in for 5 minutes before rinsing it out. [2] Hot Oil Treatment with Lisa's Hair Elixir Restoring Oil.  I applied this oil to my scalp and placed a plastic cap on my hair for 10 minutes. Once the 10 minutes were up, I rinsed the oil out of my scalp and prepped for the next step.
[3] Co-Washed  using Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner.
[4] Protein Treatment with ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor. I might have left this on longer than two minutes. That's what happens when you try to wash your hair, eat and watch tv all at the same time. #washdaystruggles
[5] Deep conditioned with Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque
[6] ACV + Water Rinse after I washed out my conditioner. I massaged the mixture for a few minutes and left it in
[7] T-shirt dried my hair for about 30-40 minutes
[8] I applied my leave-in conditioners:  Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner, Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner and ApHogee Keratin Green Team Reconstrutor.
[9] Stretched my hair using the multi-pineapple method and put a bonnet on my head before going to bed.
.

Pineapple method on my twa




Showing off my pinned back twa today at work


I need to start researching natural hair salons near me. The plan is to get mini twists or another protective style and wear it for a week or two. If you know if you know of a place in the Monterey Bay area, please share below.

                                          How was your #washday? Join the #WashDayExperience linkup to share your experience.




The Wash Day Experience

Until next time!

~Adventures of a Nappy Chica

6 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, chica! You're an 83 baby just like me! :-)

    Those 2 minutes go by quick when doing that Aphogee treatment! Mini-twists allow you to see more of your length and do more styles. I am thinking about doing mini-twists as well knowing they are going to take forever to do. Hope you can find a GOOD natural hair salon to do them for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Really? That's awesome. 83 is a great year :).

    Doesn't it though. I looked at the clock and almost ten minutes had passed. Luckily, my hair was okay. I thought about doing them myself but my braid game is not on point yet.Lol. I'm excited to see more of my length. It's hard to see it right now. Thank you! I'm hoping to get them done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you had a happy birthday! So, it looks like you are liking the Carol's daughter products? I haven't used them since I first went natural, but I may have to look at them again ;)

    Bree
    www.quirkybrownlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bree! I had a great day. I do like her products, the ones I've tried anyway. I'm hoping to try some more down this year. I'm hoping the ingredients stay the same now that the company is under L'Oreal (fingers crossed). You should definitely try them again :).

      Delete
  4. You rocking your TWA..:) happy belated

    ReplyDelete