Saturday, January 31, 2015

Wash Day Experience | Playing with Low Manipulation Styles

Hey loves,

Here is a recap of Wednesday's wash day:
a
[1] Exfoliated my scalp with Lisa's Hair Elixir Fortifying Spray. I massaged into my scalp and let it sit for about five minutes. 
[2] Hot Oil Treatment with Lisa's Hair Elixir Restoring Oil.  I massage the oil into my hair and scalp. After 10 minutes, I rinsed it out with warm water. 
[3] Co-washed with Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner.
[4] Tea Rinsed with green and black tea mixture. I ran the rinse through my hair twice and put a t-shirt on my hair to soak up the excess tea rinse.
[5] T-shirt dried my hair for about 15-20 minutes 
[6] Applied Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow & Restore Leave-In Conditioner, Black Vanilla Conditioner, Marguerite's Magic Restorative Cream and JBCO to my hair.
[7]  Put on my bonnet and went to sleep.

The next day I decided to wear a fohawk, one of my go-to styles.But, for some reason I wasn't really feeling it so I decided to rock a low manipulation style on Friday. I was trying to model a style I saw on YouTube but of course Felicia (the name I have for the crown & top of my hair) wasn't having it. So, I improvised and tucked the back up with bobby pins. Since my the front of my hair wasn't cooperating, I had to leave it out. It doesn't look great in the photos but it doesn't look that bad in person.

                                                                                      






                            How was your wash day? Join the linkup and share your #washdayexperience.

The Wash Day Experience




Until next time!

~Adventures of a Nappy Chica

No comments:

Post a Comment