Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Natural Hair Journey: 7 Months Natural

Hey everyone!

It's the day before my favorite holiday and it's eerily quiet at work...so why not blog to past the time?



Overall, this was a great month. I feel like my hair and I are getting along quite fabulously. She has definitely bounced back from that unplanned cut back in September and I can definitely see some growth. I've really tried to make moisture retention my top priority and I think it's worked. But, I also realized that I need to balance out the moisture with protein. I finally did a protein treatment and I know that it's something that needs to happen regularly. I was so afraid that I would have a horrible experience but it turned out great!

I'm still not a fan of twisting up my hair at night but I need to  keep my hair from being matted in the morning (more on that a little later). I can't wait to see what next month brings!




Current Length:

The front of my hair falls right above my eyebrows. The sides are at the bottom of my earlobes and the back is at the base of my neck.


My Go-to Styles this month:

I still rocked my fro most of the month but I did do a fohawk and brought out a headband as well. I may try flat twists (one section only) or something different for Thanksgiving.

               
 


Hair Regimen: Besides adding a protein treatment to the mix, everything is pretty much the same. I don't plan on any drastic changes to my products or routine anytime soon.

I swear the back of my hair is noticeably longer than the front.
      

Plans for next month:  I mentioned earlier that I need to do something at night to prevent matted hair in the morning. My hair is too short for the pineapple method but I came across this on CurlyNikki and I want to give it a try.



To read more about the loose multi pineapple method, check out this post on CurlyNikki.


Well loves, I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving with your loved ones! If you're a Black Friday shopper check out this post by Christina (Mane Objective) and Ijeoma (Klassy Kinks) for the latest deals from 60 natural hair companies.


Until next time!

~Adventures of a Nappy Chica

No comments:

Post a Comment