Saturday, November 8, 2014

Wash Day Recap: Revisiting Some Old Favorites

I've been feeling pretty good about my wash day routine. After some trial and error, I have some great products in my arsenal. But, this week I decided to add some other elements:


Revisiting Old Favorites

Two years ago when I was relaxed, I started looking at products to help improve the health of my hair. I stumbled upon two products that did just that. I think these products can  also help me have the  healthy, natural hair I want.


  ApHogee Keratin Green Team Reconstrutor. This is a light protein/strengthening spray. The spray does not weigh down hair. Plus, it's gentle enough that I can use it after every co-wash or shampoo session. I think I can tell the difference in my hair almost immediately after using it.




Before participating in castor oil challenges, I used Hair Trigger Growth Elixir for my pre-poo treatments. It made my hair soft and left my hair smelling great. I like the original formula with their Vanilla Pound cake scent. To find out more about Hair Trigger, check out Jen's from Just Grow Already's review.




Then, I decided to try a new approach with my tea rinses. Instead of pouring my rinse over my hair causing tea to literally be everywhere: my eyes, clothes, floor, etc. I wanted to make my life a little easier. I made a trip to Sally's Beauty Supply and bought a spray bottle to use for tea rinses. It made the application so much easier and I can use the tea spray on a daily basis. 

                                                       



During today's wash day session, I focused on refining my co-washing technique. I saw the tutorial below on the CurlBox Blog and wanted to give it a try. I will say that I think this method works and I will use it from now. 

        




                                                 Here I am after Wednesday's wash day:






How did your wash day(s) go? Did you revisit some old favorites or did you incorporate something new? Feel free to comment below and share your wash day routines.




Until next time :)!

~Adventures of a Nappy Chica

No comments:

Post a Comment