Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Wash Day + Weeks 8-10 of Summer Castor Oil Challenge

Hey everyone!

Finally feeling settled here in Monterey/Seaside and ready to get back to my normal wash days. I went back to my weekly tea rinses and made a couple of minor adjustments. Here is a step-by-step look at my wash day:

[1] Pre-pooed with Jamaican Black Castor Oil, JᾹSÖN Vitamin E Oil , EVCO and Grapeseed Oil. I wanted to try another ceramide this month so I opted for the grapeseed Oil. I let it sit in my hair for about 50 minutes under a cap
[2] Co-washed with Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Co-Wash Conditioning Cleanser
[3] Tea Rinse: Black, Green and Chamomile. Instead of rinsing it out, I wrapped my hair in a t-shirt for about 30 minutes. I took this idea from Jen's Wash Day post this week.

My tea rinse for today

[4] Deep conditioned with Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep Conditioner.
[5] I did an ACV rinse after I washed out my conditioner. I left the rinse in this week to see if there was a difference. So far my hair feels softer and my scalp feels amazing
[6] Dried my hair for about 30 minutes with a t-shirt before applying  Kinky-Curly Knot Today  and detangling.[7] I added Shea Moisture's Curling Custard and sealed with my JBCO oil mix.

On a side note, I think I'm going to take a break from twisting my hair. Although I am very gentle, my scalp was so sore when I undid my braids this morning. It's something that happens whenever I do two strand twists. The plan is to give it a break for a couple of weeks until my scalp feels better and then go from there.


Castor Oil Challenge Update (weeks 8-10)

I'm a couple of weeks behind with my updates. But, there isn't much to report. I continue to use my JBCO on my edges, as a pre-poo and to seal in moisture everyday. It appears that my hair is healthier and thicker. As far as length goes, we have another length check in 3 weeks. We'll see if there has been any growth during the challenge.


How did your wash day go this week? Any challenges or breakthroughs? Feel free to comment or share below.

Until next time :)!



No comments:

Post a Comment