Sunday, December 27, 2015

Wash Day | Last Wash Day of 2015 + Semi Mini Twists

Hey loves!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas (if you celebrate) and that you spent a wonderful time with family and friends. Can you believe 2015 is almost over??!! I swear the older I get the faster time goes by. I plan on reflecting on my favorite natural hair products/accessories and hairstyles in the next few days, so stay tuned for that.

Anyway, earlier this week Jenell (aka BlakIzBeautiful, founder of Kinky Curly Coily Me!) posted a Mini Twist Tutorial | Talk Through after getting requests on Instagram on her latest protective style (from people like myself).


         

After watching her video, I was inspired to rock some Mini Twists myself. I remember mentioning my desire to wear this as protective style earlier in the year but I never followed through. But I figured what the heck! I'm on holiday hiatus and have one more week before going back to work. If I didn't like my results, I had time to resort to my normal Two Strand Twist.

                           Here is how yesterday's wash day went down:


Pre-Poo/ Hot Oil Treatment: After I got 2-3 big spoonfuls of EVCO and several drops of EVOO. 
 I microwaved the mixture for 30 seconds and put on my Hot Heads Thermal Cap for an hour.

Shampooed with Carol's Daughter Monoi Sulfate-Free Shampoo because I ran out of my detangling co-wash. I ordered it last week so I hope to get it by this weekend. This shampoo is very gentle and didn't leave my hair feeling stripped. I got this free sample from Ulta Beauty awhile back and this is only my second time using it. I don't shampoo often but I would consider making this my shampoo go-to product.



Deep Conditioned with Babassu Oil and Mint Deep Conditioner + Deep Moisture Conditioner (I'm trying to use it up to alleviate my stash) under my Hot Head cap for 30 minutes. Sadly, I used up my jar of Babassu Oil and Mint Deep Conditioner. But, luckily, I have more thanks to My Black Friday Buys.

Detangled my hair in sections with my Eternally in Amber comb in the shower. 


All the hair I lost from my pre-poo and detangling session

ACV Rinse- I finally got a new bottle to do more rinses. I love how my scalp feels after the rinse.

T-shirt dried my hair for about 10-15 minutes. 

Leave-ins + Oils and Styling My hair- Did the LOC method on each section of hair ( I parted my hair in six sections to style my hair) using Mint Almond Oil, my spritz mix (Aloe Vera Juice, Water and I added White Peony Ultra Moisturizing Leave-in Conditioner), Jia's Caribbean DreamCream and Kera Care Twist and Define Cream. 

Initially I wanted to do mini twists like BlakIzBeautiful but my twists ended up looking like Semi Mini Twists instead, which I loved. All in all, it took me about 4-4 1/2 hours to finish my twists.



View of the back




                  I decided to pull my mini twists in a ponytail to go to the gym

     


I plan on wearing my twists for two weeks by keeping it moisturized and co-washing in between.



How was your #WashDayExperience? Don't forget to join the link-up!


                                                  The Wash Day Experience

2 comments:

  1. Your mini twists are WINNING chica! Do you have any tips for keeping the twists neat and preventing your ends from unraveling?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I really like them and will probably wear them more often. For right now I wear my bonnet at night to help keep them neat. I plan on co-washing and moisturizing with the twists in, so they will get frizzy but I'm okay with that. : BlakIzBeautiful has a great video on how she cared for her twists
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_1nlIxPIm8 .

    I'll also keep a look to see if I need to re-twist any strands.

    Thanks again for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete