Tuesday, December 29, 2015

My favorite natural hair accessories & styling tools from 2015

This past year has been an incredible learning experience. I have learned so much about my hair and the have found some great products. Here are a few of my favorite natural hair accessories and styling tools from 2015. 



Back in the fall Christina from The Mane Objective raved about Eternally In Amber's combs and I was instantly intrigued. She loved the combs so much that she did a giveaway for readers. Luckily I was one of the two winners and got to test the combs out for myself. 

Wide tooth comb, hair pick and detangling comb.
.
I received my giveaway products: the wide tooth comb and hair pick and a note from Amber, the owner. It only took one use for me to become a believer. A couple of weeks later I purchased the detangling comb as well. 


Unlike most combs sold in stores, Eternally In Amber's combs are crafted by hand and made from plant-derived cellulose acetate. The combs are gentle on the hair so you don't have to worry about snags or breakage.  These combs have become an essential part of my regimen and I won't go back to using non-Eternally In Amber combs again. In December, Eternally in Amber announced the Eternally in Amber Box which drops in January. I'm all signed up and ready for my first box :)!





Adding heat to the deep conditioning session opens the cuticle and allows the deep conditioner to penetrate the hair shaft. Before I stumbled on the review of this cap by Jen (Just Grow Already), I had a cap that plugged into the wall. Yes, it did the job but it made me stationary, which I hated. It took me about a year to finally breakdown and buy my own. 

And let me tell you, it has been well worth it. Not only is this microwavable cap easy to use but it is environmentally friendly as well. The cap is filled with all natural flax seed which helps generate heat once microwaved. Once heated the cap can produce heat for a 25-45 minute treatment, which allows me to be productive while I deep condition. Oh and my cap is reversible so I can switch between  pink and zebra print, depending on my mood.



Ok, these beanies have seriously changed my life this fall. In my line of work, I spend a lot of time outside in the cold for 12-14 hours a day and I need to keep myself warm. But, I also want to protect my hair at the same time. Most hats on the market are lined with materials that leave our natural hair dry and cause breakage. I thought I was doomed to have dry hair all fall and winter until I found Caheez on Instagram (I swear it is a gold mine for finding natural hair products and accessories). These hats are personally handmade by Carla and her staff for each customer. Carla offers 4 different sizes for her beanies: 8'', 10'', 12" and 14" in diameter. 


Newsboy Cap --my first cap and my favorite

The Pinwheel Pom Pom
    


 

                                                                   (Seed Stitch)

These hats are my go-to hair accessories for the week. They are comfortable and fit over the hairstyles that I usually wear during the week. I can be fashionable and keep my hair moisturized at the same time. 

Satin lined inside of my Newsboy cap


Which hair accessories and styling tools made your must-have list in 2015? Please comment with your picks in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment