Wednesday, July 30, 2014

3 Months Natural!

Saturday marked 3 months since my Big Chop! I meant to post on Saturday but with our move to Monterey two days away, we've been busy finishing up last minute details.

Current Length: 3" (I still need to do an official length check but I think this is pretty accurate)

Rocking a frohawk. 


My Go-to Styles this month: This month was all about the curly fro and two strand twists. Now that I have a little more length, two strand twists are a lot easier. Lately, I've been wearing the twists for 2-3 days before wearing a twist out. I tried doing twists the first month and my hair just wasn't long enough. But when I tried it this month, I was pleasantly surprised at how much my hair had grown.













Curly fro on July 4th




Twist out


Before a wash day


Hair Regimen: I used shampoo 3 times this month (one shampoo wash was with a clarifying shampoo, to remove buildup, etc). My hair and scalp seemed to be more refreshed/clean this month. I might try this again this month to see how it goes. I also switched my co-wash cleansing conditioner this month and I've been loving the results. My new co-wash is Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Co-Wash Conditioning Cleanser. I didn't switch my deep conditioner because...my hair loves it! For right now, I'm sticking with Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep Conditioner. Now that my tea rinses are back in my regimen, I would love to try coffee rinses as well and compare the two.

Other naturals said that month 3 was hard for them but for me it was a great month. We'll see what next month brings :).

Until next time :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment