Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Time To Get Crafty: DIY Hair Accesories

One of my goals for this month is to stock up on hair accessories. Ideally, I want to have a collection of headbands, flowers and scarves to spice up my TWA. Unfortunately, I have yet to find anything worth buying. A friend suggested making my own accessories because it would be cheaper. However, I don't consider myself to be crafty. Sure, I like being creative and I enjoy making things. But, could I really make something worth using?

I was still toying with the idea when I came across two videos. The first video is by Naptural85. In the video, Naptural85 shows three ways to make wire headbands and bun ties. It seems like a simple way to create the headbands that I want. I'm excited about choosing the colors/patterns that will work for my style and personality. This is something I will definitely try..it's too easy to mess up, right?


The other must-have hair accessory is something I see in almost every TWA YouTube video: flower hair clips. Now, I know some of you will say, "there are plenty of affordable flower clips out there". Yes, almost every store has a selection of flower clips to choose from. But, I'm looking for a specific type of flower clip. Almost every store has this type of clip:
                                                 
Photo Credit (goodbadquirky.blogspot.com)



The teeth on this type of clip always get snagged and caught in my hair. I also find these clips to be uncomfortable. I browsed other websites and found this video on making flower hair clips. Again, it looks like a fairly simple process that I should be able to follow.  
                                          


I hope to try both projects next week. Are there other easy  DIY hair accessory tutorials? Please feel free to share ideas or videos below.

Until next time :)!


No comments:

Post a Comment