Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My Obsession With TWAs, Lupita's People Cover + Updates On the Blog

With the BC only 3 days away, I've been obsessing over Pinterest. I have to admit in the beginning of transitioning, the thought of rocking a TWA (teeny weeny afro) scared me. I didn't know if I could imagine myself with a short nappy fro. I was also afraid of the reactions I would get from friends, family and co-workers. Now, it is all I can think about. I also love that everywhere I look, there are women embracing their TWAs. Then this morning Lupita Nyong'o was announced as People's Most Beautiful person. For me, it was just confirmation that I made the right choice. I'm a firm believer of signs and this was a huge one for me. It is also refreshing to see that the concept of beauty in the U.S. is starting to change. For such a long time, in order to be considered beautiful you had to look a certain way. There has also been a huge shift in the way black women view their beauty and their hair. The natural hair movement has grown tremendously and doesn't appear to be slowing down. In case you missed it, here is a picture of Lupita's People cover.


(Photo cred: People Magazine)
  
Check out some of my other TWA favorites on Pinterest and share your favorite TWA pictures with me there.

Oh and before I forget, the blog has been updated a little. I added a contact section and now you can leave a comment on the blog without creating a Google + or any other account. So now you can post your comments on the actual blog :). I added a picture gallery of my relaxed hair days. I still want to work on the layout of the picture gallery and add more photos as well. I will continue to work on improving the blog and adding more content.

That's all for now. Have a great night!


Until next time :)!


No comments:

Post a Comment