Saturday, February 15, 2014

DIY Spa Night :)

Happy Saturday!

I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day. Our Valentine's Day was low-key and very nice.

Although I'll be blogging primarily about my journey to natural healthy hair, I will also write about skin care products/topics as well. Having clear, blemish-free skin has always been a dream of mine. Over the years I have tried countless facial creams, pills and changes to my diet. In high school my mom promised "once you're in your 20's your acne problems will disappear". Well, I realize that isn't the case for me. So I'm going to try homemade remedies to improve my skin. I will share the homemade recipes here on the blog and give you my thoughts about the results.

After researching several recipes this week,  I declared tonight "Spa Night" (just an excuse to try out some of the recipes ;)).  Tonight, I'll be using:

1)  A Brown Sugar Scrub 

A picture of  the finished product


2) A yogurt cleanser- I used yogurt, honey and lemon juice. Go here for more ideas.
                                       
My yogurt facial cleanser

3) Avocado Mask- I'm adding kiwi to the mix as well. I haven't made this yet but I will post a picture of it another time.


What are you favorite homemade skin care recipes?


Until next time :)!




1 comment: