Thursday, January 28, 2016

Wash Day | Upping My Pre-Poo Game

Hello loves! It's been a little over two weeks since my last post. Since going back to work after hiatus, I've been trying to adjust to my crazy work schedule again. I've still been rocking my semi-mini twists, I even rocked the twists on my birthday, and keeping my regimen the same.

Here I am on my birthday on 1/13/16

On my recent wash day this past Sunday, I decided to add something to my pre-poo step. Here is a recap of my wash day:

Pre-Poo/ Hot Oil Treatment: I bought The Antidote from Tangles and Beyond in the Spring but only used it once or twice. Both times I used it as a deep conditioner but I wanted to see how it would work as a pre-poo. I applied to my hair and scalp first and then added EVCO (after I microwaved it for about 3o seconds) to my scalp/hair . I worked both products into my hair for a couple of minutes and put on my Hot Heads Conditioning Cap for an hour. 

This is definitely a winning combo! My hair felt so soft and moisturized after this step.

Co-Washed with Detangling Co-Wash by Mielle Organics in my usual four sections.

Protein Treatment with GPB Balancing Protein Conditioner by Aubrey Organics for two minutes.

Deep Conditioned with Babassu Oil and Mint Deep Conditioner  under my Hot Head cap for 30 minutes.

Detangled with my Eternally in Amber Detangling Comb

Then I realized I was going to be late for my pole class, so I put my hair in four mini puffs and raced out the door.

           
        

ACV rinse: I rinsed my hair with the rinse twice on this particular wash day.

Leave-ins + Oils  With my hair still in four sections, I applied Mint Almond Oil to my scalp and then did my usual LOC Method- Aloe Vera with Water, Mint Almond Oil, Jia's Caribbean DreamCream followed by the Kera Care Twist and Define Cream to twist my hair in my semi-mini twists.  

I'll only be wearing my semi mini twists until today.  I'll be doing something a little different with my hair for the next two weeks. 

Stay tuned......




The Wash Day Experience

1 comment:

  1. Dun dun dun!! I'm excited to see your new style and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete