Friday, January 1, 2016

Hair Goals for 2016

Happy New Year!!
2015 taught me a lot about my natural hair. I learned a lot about my regimen, products that work for my hair and experienced a lot of growth. I'm looking forward to learning a lot more this year. With that being said, here are my hair goals for 2016:
1. Curb my product junkie tendencies. With the amount of growth I experienced in 2015, I found myself experimenting with products. So, my goal is to limit myself to trying 1 or 2 new products this year (if any at all).
2. Stick to a regimen for at least 4-6 months. I feel like I’ve finally hit a groove with my hair the last few months and I think it’s because of consistency + products I am using. So, unless my products suddenly stops working (which is doubtful), I want to keep my regimen the same until at least June.
3. Say no to heat- as much as possible- I’ve done a good job of keeping my hair heat free since I big chopped in April of 2014. I did get a light blowout in August for my trim but I would like to stay heat free as much as possible this year.
4. Try a few new hairstyles. I usually find a hairstyle that I like and stick with it. In the new year, I hope to try at least 3 new hairstyles.
5. Get my hair trimmed, as needed. I got my first trim back in August since my big chop. I won’t set a time limit on when I need a trim but I will be paying attention to my ends. I will definitely get one maybe two trims in 2016. In between trims, I will also do a search and destroy method.
6. Retain as much length as possible. While healthy hair is my main goal, I also have a length goal as well. This year I will be working towards healthy hair and hopefully retaining length along the way. I will continue to evaluate my regimen and hair style choices throughout the year and adjust if needed. I also realize that obsessing about length is unhealthy, so I will only do one or two length checks this year.

What are your hair goals for 2016? I would love them! Please share your goals in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment