Monday, January 11, 2016

Wash Day | First Full Wash Day of 2016

Happy Monday!

Technically this is my first full wash day of the new year even though I did a co-wash last week with my mini twists. The mini twists are a great protective/low maintenance style that allows me to take a mini break from my hair. Keeping the mini twists in for two weeks seems to really work for my hair.


My hair after I took out the mini twists





Here is a recap of Saturday's wash day:


Pre-Poo/ Hot Oil Treatment: I microwaved my EVCO  for about 3o seconds and then apply it very generously to my hair and scalp. I used this time to give myself a mini scalp massage.  After my mini massage, I put my hair in four ponytails using Goody Ouchless hair ties and wore my Hot Heads cap for an hour. 

Co-Washed with Detangling Co-Wash by Mielle Organics in four sections. 

Protein Treatment--I just realized as I'm typing this post that I didn't do a protein treatment! That's never happened to me but I will make sure to get one in next time.

Deep Conditioned with Babassu Oil and Mint Deep Conditioner  under my Hot Head cap for 30 minutes.

Detangled-  As usual I went with my trusted Eternally in Amber Detangling Comb. For the past two or three wash days I do this particular step in the shower.


The amount of hair I shed during the pre-poo and detangling session.


T-shirt dried for about 10-15 minutes

Leave-ins + Oils and Styling My hair- Since the LOC method has done wonders for my hair, I've kept that aspect of my wash day the same. My go-to product are: Mint Almond Oil, my spritz mix (Aloe Vera Juice, Water and I added White Peony Ultra Moisturizing Leave-in Conditioner), Jia's Caribbean DreamCream and Kera Care Twist and Define Cream. 

As you may remember I installed mini twists in my hair on my last full wash day. Because I loved my mini twists so much, I decided to do them again. The plan is to wear them for two weeks (like before) and then take them out. I still plan on doing a co-wash in between with the mini twists in my hair. 

So far I've been wearing my mini twists in a ponytail  with some bangs. I got a number of compliments on the style today, which is always nice.



How I wore my hair today for work



View of the back


Side view

                      


 How was your #WashDayExperience? Don't forget to join the link-up. 





The Wash Day Experience

4 comments:

  1. I am also wearing mini twists and I wanted to leave them on for two to three weeks(I usually leave them on for a week). Don't they get tangled after two weeks?

    NKM @ https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lebogang,

      I love my mini twists! I haven't experienced any tangles when I wear them for 2 weeks.I keep my hair moisturized, which I think helps. I also haven't had a bad detangling session when I take them out. But I haven't worn them longer than 2 weeks. My twists are more semi-mini twists because I did them a little bigger. I follow MyNaturalSistas on YouTube and I know one of them has a video on her semi-mini twists. I think she keeps them in for about 2-4 weeks.

      Hope that helps ��. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. You betta work those mini twists chica! How often do you have to moisturize and seal you hair when you have the twists in?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I usually don't need to moisture the first two days after I twist my hair. Honestly, I could probably wait longer but I like to air on the side of caution. Lol. So by day 3 I'm already moisturizing my hair. I use my Mint Almond Oil and spritz bottle everyday or every other. It really depends on how I my hair feels.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete