Sunday, November 29, 2015

Wash Day Recap: Last Wash Day of November

Hey loves!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving with family and friends. It was such a relaxing time and I was so happy that I got to spend five days at home with my hubby and dogs. By the time my break started I was still not in the mood to wash my hair. By Wednesday, I was still rocking my twist out from Friday. And you know what, my twist out still look great even though I did nothing to it except cover it at night and lightly spray it with my spritz bottle. Here are two pics of my hair before Friday's wash day.

                          

The past month or so I feel like I've really hit a stride in my hair regimen and found a way to keep my hair moisturized. So I'm committed to keeping my wash day regimen the same for the next several months. Anyway, here's a recap of my wash day:

Pre-Poo/ Hot Oil Treatment:  I mixed EVCO with EVOO and put it in the microwave for 30 seconds. I  applied the mixture to my hair focusing on the ends and then I applied the rest to my scalp.  I gently massaged my scalp for about 2-3 minutes, sectioned my hair into four sections with my Goody Ouchless hair ties and then put on a plastic cap. I wanted to do my pre-poo treatment over night but in a bout of laziness, I wait until the morning and wore my Hot Heads Conditioning cap for an hour. After an hour I removed the cap and kept the pre-poo in for another hour.  

Co-Washed with Detangling Co-Wash by Mielle Organics in my usual four sections.

Protein Treatment--GPB Balancing Protein Conditioner by Aubrey Organics for two minutes.  I swear this stuff instantly makes my hair feel stronger.

Deep Conditioned with Babassu Oil and Mint Deep Conditioner by Mielle Organics under my Hot Head cap. Then the hubby and I took our dogs on a long walk, which ended up being exactly 30 minutes.

Detangled with my Eternally in Amber Detangling Comb with the deep conditioner still in my hair and then jumped in the shower to rinse it out.


The amount of hair left in my comb after detangling

ACV rinse: I still need to pick a new bottle of ACV. This rinse helps keep product from building up on my scalp and keeps my dandruff at bay.

T-shirt dried my hair for about 15 minutes. 

Leave-ins + Oils  With my hair still in four sections, I applied Mint Almond Oil to my scalp and then did my usual LOC Method- Aloe Vera with Water, Mint Almond Oil, Jia's Caribbean DreamCream followed by the Kera Care Twist and Define Cream to twist my hair.  

Now that I'm well rested and not feeling lazy, I plan on wearing my twists Sunday- Thurs as usual and then wear my twist out on Friday-Saturday.


How was your #WashDayExperience? How did you wear you hair for Thanksgiving?


The Wash Day Experience



Until next time,

~Adventures of a Nappy Chica


No comments:

Post a Comment