Sunday, August 30, 2015

Wash Day Recap: Hair Update + My Visit to Studio Six Nine Hair Design

It's been awhile since my last hair update or wash day recap. The last month and a half has been crazy with my work schedule , so I haven't had a chance to post about my hair. My original plan was to try to add moisture to my hair by washing my hair every 3 or 4 days. I was inspired by Naptural85 but realized that my schedule is to hectic to keep it up. I just don't have the time to wash my hair twice a week, so I went back to washing once a week.


      
           Be sure to check out Naptural85's update on her hair growth plan.


Wash Day Recap + My visit to Studio Six Nine Hair Design

Here is a recap from last Saturday's wash day and the details of my visit to Studio Six Nine Hair Design

[1] Co-Washed with Shea Moisture's Cleansing Cowash Conditioner. 

[2] Deep Conditioned with  Shea Moisture's Jamaican Black Castor Oil Stregthen, Grow and Restore Treatment Masque . Since I had to get to the salon, I only left this on for about 15 minutes and then rinsed it out.

[3] Applied Jia's Caribbean Dream Cream by Tangles and Beyond  and attempted to twist my hair in preparation for my salon visit.  

As some of you know, I was in a dire need of a trim. My last trim was back in September of 2014 and because of my history/fear of trims, I wanted to find a stylist that I could trust. So about a month ago I reached out to Conscious Coils, a natural hair salon here in Portland, and she referred me to Che're at Studio Six Nine Hair Design.

  I had a great experience with Che're. I explained my fear of trims and past experiences. She was quick to reassure me and I knew how much she was taking off. She also had me facing the mirror so I could see everything. To make it easier for both of us, we decided to blow dry my hair on a low setting with using a heat protecting spray.


                   

 I was surprised to see the length of my hair! Although it wasn't fully straight, blowing it out a little give me a better idea of what I'm dealing with. 
                   


All in all, we decided to take off about an inch or so and my hair feels great. I wanted to wear my stretched afro, so we went with a cute braid  in the front and let the rest hang out.

  
             
                                                                                     


How was your #WashDayExperience? 


The Wash Day Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment