Saturday, May 16, 2015

Wash Day Experience: The Hotel Edition

Hey everyone!

As I mentioned in my last travel adventure update, May has been a busy month. So busy in fact that it took me 10 days to wash my hair (I usually wash once a week). By the time I washed my hair we were (me, the hubby and the dogs) staying in a hotel until we left for Portland.

Before Wednesday's wash day I wore my fro out for a whole week, playing around with different styles. At the end of the week, my hair was a tangled mess so I decided to pin it up until I had time to deal with it.

One of the styles I wore during the week.
My first "puff"
                                     
Here is a recap of Wednesday's wash day:

[1] Pre-pooed-- I didn't have time for a long wash day, so I skipped this part.

[2] Shampooed with SoapBox Argan Oil Shampoo (sent by Influenster, a product I will be reviewing soon).

[3] Deep Conditioned with The Antidote by Tangles and Beyond for 20 minutes.  Can I just say that I love this conditioner? There will be a review of this soon.

[4] Detangled-- Usually I detangle every wash day but with all of our things packed for the move, I couldn't find my Denman brush or wide tooth comb.

[5] T-shirt dried for about an 20 minutes.

[6] Applied my leave-insJia's Caribbean Dream Cream  and Tangles and Beyond Deep Moisture Shea Butter.

[7] Styled my hair: Since we were leaving for Portland the next day and I had to run out to meet up with friends after washing my hair, I went with a simple style: my afro with a flower. My plan is to wear this style for a few days, then pin it up on Sunday and keep that way until my next wash day (either Wednesday or Thursday).





How was your recent wash day? Be sure to share your #WashDayExperience by joining the link-up.


Until next time!

~Adventures of a Nappy Chica



The Wash Day Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment