Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wash Day Recap + Carol's Daughter Joins Loreal

                                                                          Wash Day
[1]  Pre-pooed with Jamaican Black Castor Oil and EVCO under a plastic cap for an hour. 
[2]  Co-washed with SheaMoisture Co-wash Cleansing Conditioner.
[3]  Conditioned with Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner for about 3-5 minutes.
[4]  ACV rinse + Water after I washed out my conditioner. I left the mixture on my hair for about 5 minutes and then washed it out. 
[5] Tea Rinse: I didn't do a tea rinse this wash day but I plan on doing one on Friday.
[6] I applied my leave-in conditioners:  Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner and Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner
[7]  Detangled with my wide tooth shower comb.  I try to make it a point to detangle with my wide tooth comb or my Denman brush at least once a week. 
[8] Finished up by applying  JBCO and Shea Moisture's Curling Custard before putting on my satin bonnet and going to bed.

Since adding new products to my regimen, I've noticed that my hair has been thriving and retaining moisture.  My only problem now is...I can't keep my hands out of my hair!

                                                             Carol's Daughter Joins L' Oreal  

I'm sure by now everyone heard the news but just in case, here is the video.



After the company filed for bankruptcy back in the spring, I was anxious to see what the next few months would hold for the company. Although I'm a new customer of Carol's Daughter, I've always admired Lisa's commitment to quality products for her customers. Now that I'm a customer, I'm concerned about how this change will affect the products. While I want to believe that the quality will continue, it seems this could be the beginning of the end of Carol's Daughter. The brand may survive for the next several years but the question remains, at what cost? A partnership with a company that focused on healthy hair products for natural hair would have made more sense. But, maybe this will be a good thing.  Although something tells me I should stock up on all of my favorite Carol's Daughter products now. Lol

What are your thoughts? Is this a good move for Carol's Daughter or is this the beginning of the end? Feel free to comment below.

Until next time :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment