Friday, October 17, 2014

Recap of Wash Day+ Calling all Naturalists: Help me find a protein treatment for my hair!


Happy Friday everyone!


Here's a recap of Wednesday's Wash Day.

[1]  Pre-pooed with Jamaican Black Castor Oil and EVCO under a plastic cap for an hour. 
[2]  Clarified with Alba Botanica Daily Shampoo. I can't remember if I clarified in September I know, so it was important that I did it this month. I'm a big fan of this shampoo and how clean my hair is after.

Photo courtesy of albabotanica.com

[3]  Conditioned with Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner for about 3-5 minutes.
[4]  ACV rinse + Water after I washed out my conditioner. I left the mixture on my hair for about 5 minutes and then washed it out. 
[5] Tea Rinse:  This week I did a green and black tea mix. I left the tea mixture in and wrapped an old t-shirt around my head for about 10-15 minutes
[6] I applied  Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner and used my Denman brush to detangle. I also used Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner, JBCO and Shea Moisture's Curling Custard before putting on my satin bonnet and going to bed.

Calling all naturalists: Help me find a protein treatment

Finding a protein treatment for my natural hair has been on my to-do list since my big chop in April. There are so many products out there and as much as I love researching things on my own, I would love some suggestions! I'm apart of the #curlygirlmethod, so I'm looking for something that has no sulfates, silicones and is natural. If you have a product that you love or want to recommend, leave a comment below on on the Adventures of a Nappy Chica's facebook page!

Until next time :)!



No comments:

Post a Comment