Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Summer Hair Prep

With summer just around the corner, it's the perfect time to start thinking about my hair plans. Although I'm looking forward to rocking my fro every once in awhile, I have a three-step plan to keep my hair healthy and thriving this summer.

1. Rock Low-Manipulation Styles 

I love rocking my afro but I find that wearing my hair in low-manipulation styles worst best for me, especially during the summer. Since I'm currently working on another television show--so much for a hiatus--I want to wear styles that don't require a lot of fuss. And I also want styles that don't take too much of my time. So here are the styles I plan on rotating this summer.



I haven't tried this one yet, but I can't wait to give it a try.



My current go-to style. Want to see my attempts at this style? Go here and here .



You all know how much I love this style!!! I haven't done it recently, but I will definitely be going back to this. I want to try wearing my mini twists in a top bun like Jenell.




One of my goals is to improve my braiding skills. That being said, this is a style that I will attempt this summer. Wish me luck!

2. Keeping My Hair Moisturized

As someone with naturally dry hair, I have to be really proactive about keeping my hair moisturized. Climate also plays a part in how dry my hair becomes. Portland, believe it or not, can be really hot and sometimes dry during the summer. My plan is to continue using leave-in and deep conditioners (which are already in my hair care regimen) that provide additional moisture for my hair.

3. Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle 

In my opinion, this is probably one of the most important ways to achieve healthy hair. In addition to taking my Mielle Organics Vitamins, I plan on drinking lots of water, eating a balanced diet (curbing the processed sugars and eating clean) and exercising. Even though I'm on another show--i'm not on full-time (thank goodness!), I'm making fitness a priority. Working 70 hours on Grimm for about 9 months really changed my work out schedule A LOT. But I have more time and more energy to fit it in.

What about you? What are your hair plans for the summer? How do you prep?

    
                           


No comments:

Post a Comment