Monday, April 11, 2016

Wash Day| Curls, Curls, Curls!

Hey everyone!

I know, it's been a little over two weeks since my last post. But, life has been a little crazy. We wrapped on Grimm season 5 last Thursday and I have been basking in my new found freedom. Anyway, over the weekend I went to my natural hairstylist Cher'e for a killer style for the Grimm Season 5 Wrap Party. Here are the details from this Saturday's wash day.



Relaxing underneath the hooded dryer


One of the main reason why I love going to the salon every 6 weeks or so is to give myself a break. Don't get me wrong. I love taking care of my hair but sometimes it feels good to let someone else do it. So when I first learned about the wrap party, I knew that I would be visiting Cher'e for an epic style for the night 


As much as I love the results of the perm rod set, I'm not sure how often I rock the hairstyle. When I first arrived at the salon I was treated to a shampoo and a deep conditioner treatment. In order to make the process go a little faster, Cher'e used the tension method to partially blow dry my hair. She knows that I'm #teamnoheat so she only used the blow dryer for a limited time with a very low setting. The goal of using the blow dryer wasn't to get my hair straight but to have a little stretch to my hair. If you have air texture like mine, than you know that once water hits our strands, it shrinks to about 75% of it's actual length.

 Unfortunately, the thickness of my hair resulted in several hours of applying the perm rods into my hair. Cher'e is a champ and braved the many hours it took to set my hair, My one attempt at the roller set resulted in a less than desired result and I have sworn off doing it again, After Cher're finished setting my hair I sat under the dryer for about 35-40 minutes.

I have to admit I was a little nervous. The only time I wore the perm rod set was when I tried to achieve the look on my house. Let's just say the hairstyle left more to be desired. It was during that funny/horrifying ordeal that I decided that I would never attempt perm rods by myself. 



Day 2 hair


The plan is to keep these curls for at least a week, maybe more if I can swing it. So far to preserve my curls I wear a bonnet every night and apply EVCO in the mornings.

How was your #washdayexperience? Did you try anything new?


The Wash Day Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment