Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Old Faithful: Three Strand Twists | The #WashDayExperience

Summer is here and as always I'm looking for easy no fuss hairstyles. Before yesterday's wash day I rocked a half down, half faux updo. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures but I will share pics next time. Although I love wearing my hair out my hair gets extremely tangled. Which is why I'm only wearing my hair out once or twice a week.  Anyway here is a recap of yesterday's #washdayexperience:
                                           



Pre-ShampooHair Trigger for 45 minutes . I like to do a little finger detangling during this step. Plus, this leaves my hair so nice and soft after.

*My hair has been shedding a lot recently. Has anyone else experienced this lately? Is it because it's summer? I swear I'm finding little hairs everywhere. Lol.

Co-Wash: Shea Moisture's Cleansing Cowash Conditioner

Protein Treatment: ApHogee Intensive Two Minute Keratin Reconstructor for 2 minutes.

Deep Condition: SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque + Tangles & Beyond Deep Moisture Conditioner for 35 minutes under a plastic cap. I had a little bit of the Deep Treatment Masque left and decided to mix it in with the Deep Moisture Conditioner. Once I started using it again, I realized how much I love this conditioner! I started to use the Denman brush to detangle but opted for my wide tooth comb instead. With all of my recent shedding I thought it would be more effective.

ACV Rinse: I sprayed the rinse in my hair and massaged it into my scalp for a couple of minutes.

Tea Rinse: For this week's tea rinse I used three bags of Earl Gray (my gray/silver strands on the side have been laughing at me recently) and two bags of green tea. I usually pour the mix over my head and repeat until it's gone. But this ends up being so messy and I'm not sure if I get all the black tea in my hair. I'm going to go back to putting the tea rinse in a spray bottle and applying it that way. #nomess #nofuss . I apply a cotton t-shirt on my head for about 15 minutes to catch any excess liquid.

Leave-ins: SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil and SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie




 


I think this might be my best three strand twist. Before I started twisting, I put my hair in five sections (front, middle, back and one for each side). Instead of waiting until the end I did the front section first. Then I did the sides, the back and finished with the middle section. And guess what, this made the whole twisting process so much better! I know, some of you probably already do this, but hey, this was a breakthrough for me. Lol.


                    How was your wash day? Join the link-up and share your #WashdayExperience


The Wash Day Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment