Sunday, September 25, 2016

Wash Day Recap | Time for a Protein Treatment

    Happy Sunday! Here is a recap of last Sunday's wash day. 


Pre-poo/ Detangle Session:  I'm still following my same pre-poo routine. I part my hair into four sections and spray each section with a mixture of aloe vera juce & water. Then I apply The Antidote to the length of my hair as well as EVCO paying special attention to the ends. After I finger detangle each section, I use my Eternally In Amber wide tooth comb. Once my hair is fully detangled, I put my hair in twists. 

Co-washed with Eden BodyWorks All Natural Coconut Shea CoWash-  I co-washed my hair in twists and applied this to my strands and gently massaged it into my scalp. Then I rinsed out the co-wash with lukewarm/cool water.

Protein Treatment- I added a protein treatment back into my routine for this particular wash day. 
Deep Conditioned with Tangles & Beyond's Deep Moisture Conditioner. I applied the conditioner to my twists and let it sit under a plastic cap for 20 minutes.

T-shirt dried my hair for about 10 minutes. With my hair being in twists, my hair didn't feel like it was soaking wet.

Styled my hair-  Now that I wash my hair in twists, I usually don't have to really style my hair at the end of wash day. Once my hair is a little dry, I simply re-twists any twists that look a little worse for wear. 

Throughout the week I kept my hair moisturized by spraying water (mixed with leave-conditioner) and sealing it with Tamanu oil.  I picked up this tip for moisturizing my twists from Craving Yellow. Check out the video below to learn more.

How was your wash day? Be sure to share below.

No comments:

Post a Comment