Sunday, February 28, 2016

Wash Day | Strawberry Protein Treatment


I can't believe that February is almost over. It will be summer before we know it! Anyway, today's wash day was very simple and straightforward.


Wash Day line-up


Pre-pooed with my spritz mix and The Antidote by Tangles and Beyond. I made sure my hair was wet before adding The Antidote. I worked the mixture into my hair paying special attention to the ends of my hair and removing any shed hairs or tangles along the way. Then, I put on a plastic cap and wore my Hot Heads Cap for about an hour. 

My hair was soft and fully moisturized after I rinsed out my pre-poo mixture. #winning. I plan on using this as my new pre-poo method for the foreseeable future.

Co-Washed with  Detangling Co-Wash by Mielle Organics
 Protein Treatment with Monthly Strawberry Protein Treatment from Tangles and Beyond. I promised I wouldn't buy any new products but when Ashley (the owner) announced this new product on Instagram, I knew I needed to try it. Today was my first time using it and my hair loved it. I left the treatment on for about 15-20 minutes and put on my Hot Heads Conditioning Cap.




Deep Conditioned with Babassu Oil and Mint Deep Conditioner  under my Hot Head cap for 40 minutes. Before rinsing out the deep conditioner, I used my handy Eternally in Amber Detangling Comb.

ACV Rinse- After I rinsed out the conditioner, I used a spray bottle filled with ACV and water. I massage the mixture into my scalp to remove any excess product buildup.

T-shirt dried my hair for about 20 minutes. I didn't have time to style my hair before pole class so I wore a puff.




After class I styled my hair using the LOC method. First, I applied my spritz mix (Aloe Vera Juice, Water, a few oils and White Peony Ultra Moisturizing Leave-in Conditioner). Then rubbed Mint Almond Oil on my scalp and strands. Next, I applied Jia's Caribbean DreamCream and  twisted my hair with Kera Care Twist and Define Cream. Instead of rocking mini twists, I'm wearing regular twists this week. I'm making another trip to the salon for another updo, so I didn't want to spend the time doing mini twists.

Right after I twisted my hair. You can still see the product in my hair



                 How was your #WashDayExperience? Feel free to comment below.



The Wash Day Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment