Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Wash Day Experience: It's way past time for a Trim


Happy July!!!

This is going to be a busy but hopefully fun month. I'm determined to get back in the swing of things, which hopefully means I will post more this month. 

Here is a recap of Monday's wash day:

Twist out style I rocked before wash day


Pre-ShampooHair Trigger for 45 minutes with light finger detangling before rinsing it out.

Co-Wash: Shea Moisture's Cleansing Cowash Conditioner

Protein Treatment: I decided to skip the protein treatment after last week's wash day. I'm actually going to lay off the protein treatments for another 2 weeks.

Deep Condition: SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque + Tangles & Beyond Deep Moisture Conditioner for 30 minutes under a plastic cap. 

ACV Rinse: I sprayed the rinse in my hair and massaged it into my scalp for a couple of minutes.

Tea Rinse:  I used three bags of Earl Gray this week. I made sure the water was boiling before adding the tea bags. Then I continue to let the tea brew for another 10-15 minutes. Once the tea is cool, I add it to a spritz bottle and spray the rinse in my hair.

Leave-ins: SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil,  SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Tangles & Beyond Deep Moisture Shea Butter Creme.

Every since my last wash day, my hair has felt weird. My hair won't stay in twists, which suggests which what I already know...I need a trim bad. But my trim in September has made me a little apprehensive about making an appointment. Well, I finally broke down today and scheduled an appointment. Anyway, since my twists weren't working I set my hair in Bantu knots instead. Unfortunately, my Bantu knots did not come out the way I wanted them to. So, I made due with what I had and came up with the style below.



                          

I rocked this style for a day and the did semi-chunky twists and wore a bow from Vine80.


How was your #washdayexperience? Join the linkup to share your experiences.



The Wash Day Experience

2 comments:

  1. You're not the only one in need of a trim/dusting. Whenever my twists don't curl up at the bottoms, I dust it and it usually does the trick. It's weird because when I was relaxing---I RARELY would just pick up the scissors and dust my hair. Now I do it all the time! Fingers crossed that I'm still able to retain length!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica! Don't forget to add your badge!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing a search and destroy method as of late. I get rid of the single strand knots, etc. At this point, I'm not comfortable doing my own trim/dusting. I'm sure you will be able to retain length. I think the same thing whenever I get rid of the single strand knots, or other hairs.

      I can't believe I forgot the badge! Lol. I added it :).

      Delete